Pata Negra Iberian Acorn-fed ham - Belloterra (iberico bellota)
Acorn-fed ham 100% Iberian from Los Pedroches Valley
Product: Acorn-Fed 100% Iberian Ham
Category: Pata Negra - Acorn-Fed 100% Iberian
Curing: 36 to 48 months
Other characteristics: Preservatives free
Place of farming and production: Spain
Origin: Los Pedroches Valley / Córdoba / Spain
Acorn-fed ham 100% Iberian by Belloterra
One of the best pata negra hams in Spain, produced by Belloterra in Los Pedroches.
Awarded for its high quality as the best acorn-fed ham from Los Pedroches Valley, on up to 6 occasions, and two more as the second and third best acorn-fed ham from the Valley.
The high quality of the product has also been recognised in the most prestigious gourmet food competition in the world, the Great Taste Awards in the United Kingdom, where it has been awarded two Gold Stars on five occasions, the second most important award in the competition, thus being recognised as one of the best acorn-fed hams in the world.
Pata Negra Acorn-fed ham from Belloterra:
Without a doubt one of the best Iberian hams from Los Pedroches. It is an acorn-fed ham, produced under the most demanding quality standards, applied by Belloterra (manufacturer under the Los Pedroches PDO regulations), which produces this product with the same rigour as if it were a ham with the PDO, but which does not label it as such, resulting in a 100% Iberian acorn-fed ham, also known as pata negra, of extraordinary quality, making it one of the best in Spain.
Belloterra's pata negra ham is produced from 100% Iberian pigs that are reared in the wild, feeding mainly on acorns, in the pastureland. This is the only way they can guarantee the maximum quality of the raw material with which Belloterra makes its pata negra acorn-fed ham, and this is one of the keys to it being one of the highest quality and most prestigious in the world, hence the national and international awards it has won.
If to all this we also add a traditional production process and all the patience in the world to maintain a curing process of 30 to more than 40 months, the result cannot be other than a pata negra acorn-fed ham capable of transmitting extraordinary sensations to the palate, which Belloterra has been able to focus on this Iberian ham.
Awards and recognition of Belloterra's pata negra acorn ham:
The pata negra ham produced by Belloterra is undoubtedly one of the best acorn-fed hams in Spain, which is why it has already received awards as one of the best both nationally and internationally.
National Awards: Best Acorn-fed Ham from Los Pedroches Valley
- Awarded 6 times with the Gold holm oak to the best acorn-fed ham from Los Pedroches: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2015 and 2017.
- Awarded on 1 occasion with the Silver holm oak to the second best acorn-fed ham: 2016.
- Awarded in 1 occasion with the Bronze holm oak to the third best acorn-fed ham of the Valley: 2013.
International Awards: Best pata negra acorn ham
Belloterra's pata negra ham also has an important international reputation, having been awarded for its high quality on up to five occasions in the world's most important gourmet food competition, the Great Taste Awards in the United Kingdom.
- Awarded 2 Gold Stars for best acorn-fed ham: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018 and 2020.
- Iberian purebred ham from acorn (100% purebred Iberian). Hind leg of the pig.
- De 30 a 42 meses
- Place of production
- Los Pedroches (Córdoba)- Spain
- Whole ham
- Pata Negra - 100% Iberian purebred
- Type of breeding
- In freedom (the highest quality).
- ACORN (the highest quality).
- Storing & expiry date
- Store in a cool, dry place away from light.
- National awards
- Best ham from Valle de Pedroches: GOLD 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2015 and 2017 - SILVER 2016 - BRONZE 2013
- International awards
- Great Taste Awards: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018 y 2020
- Preparation of the order
- 1-2 working days approx. (selection in the cellar by the manufacturer)
You might also like
16 other products in the same category: